Heaton Support Services staff are all trained to support people in a learning environment. Our staff will work under the guidance of your trained teaching staff, from their support plan; we will devise ours using that information to complete a support plan tailored to your needs which will be person-centred. Our staff will be supportive, enabling you to be more creative in what you are doing.
Any new learning skill helps to develop your sense of pride, independence, and self-esteem.
We will support you to
- Break tasks down into smaller steps, gradually building to your identified goal.
- Be more involved
- Support you to overcome any barriers
- Encourage to ask for help and support
- Encourage peer learning
- We will use your words, and make sure that you have clarity in all you read.
- Encourage you to be independent and ask for support
- Change our approach in the way we communicate to you, whether it be Makaton, PECS, pictures, and consider your personal communication style
We want to encourage people to be creative as this increases engagement and enables people to develop their own ideas, we will enable you to build and develop your skills to your full potential.